Blugold Radio Sunday
Blugold Radio Sunday showcases student life at UW-Eau Claire. The program features information on campus events and clubs, as well as interviews with students. Music performed by various on-campus groups rounds out the broadcast. The show airs Sundays from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. on 89.7FM .
Blugold Radio Sunday began in 2002 under the name “Blugold Performance of the Air.” At that time, the show featured music, reading, forensics, and other types of performances by
UW-Eau Claire students and faculty. As the show evolved, hosts began to include background information on each featured artist or performer.
Blugold Radio Sunday is operated in the public interest. The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire has a responsibility to provide education, public service, and enrichment. With this in mind, Blugold Radio Sunday will provide its campus and community listeners with programming that is devoted to news, current events, information, education, and music.
Blugold Radio Sunday is one of the principle ways that the university communicates its identity and culture. Beyond the format of programming or content, there emerges a collective image: who we think we are, how we feel about our listeners, and how we want to serve them. This is what Blugold Radio Sunday seeks to accomplish. Since the station is the voice of the university, Blugold Radio Sunday is not meant to speak for any one part of the collective whole, but rather as a representation of the diverse ways we interact with our region.
- To broadcast programs that are dedicated to consistency, quality, interest, information, and relevance for all listeners.
- To broadcast in a manner that identifies Blugold Radio Sunday as the “voice” of the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire.
- To provide university students with an opportunity to write, produce, announce, perform, research, and report.
- To broadcast programs which showcase University of Wisconsin- Eau Claire faculty, departments, programs, events, students, and similar examples of campus talent.
- To collaborate with Wisconsin Public Radio as a resource for national, regional, state and local news, as well as classical and jazz music, and public information programming.
Blugold Radio Sunday is connected to Wisconsin Public Radio, otherwise known as WPR. Wisconsin Public Radio consists of 34 radio stations programmed by 7 regional studios in Wisconsin. To learn more about Wisconsin Public Radio, please go to www.wpr.org.